I GOTTA TRY THIS: If you place a wooden spoon over a pot of boiling water, it won't boil over.
WHO KNEW? Reynolds Foil has a locking tab to keep the roll in place!
Everyday Household Items
- Can't get the onion or garlic smell off your hands, wash them with toothpaste.
- Fake Jewelry turning your skin green? Paint them with a coat of clear nail polish.
- Use a blow dryer to remove wax spill. Turn it on high until it melts then wipe it away with a damp cloth.
- Stick a dryer sheet in your shoes at night to help eliminate odor
- Hang a dryer sheet outdoors to repel mosquitoes.
- Use clear nail polish instead of licking envelopes
- Baby oil can be used to polish your chrome faucets
- Use hot vinegar to clean old paint brushes
- Add a 1/2 cup of lemon juice to the wash cycle to brighter up those fading whites.
For The Kitchen
- Take your bananas apart when you get home from the store. If you leave them connected at the stem, they ripen faster.
- Before you pour sticky substances into a measuring cup, fill with hot water. Dump out the hot water, but don't dry cup. Next, add your ingredient, such as peanut butter, and watch how easily it comes right out.
- Stash a few marshmallows in a box of brown sugar or the sugar bowl to prevent the sugar from hardening or clumping.
- A pot lid without a knob can be save by pushing a screw up through the hole and twisting a cork onto it. (thats pretty cool)
- Use white vinegar to clean out your coffee maker. One part vinegar, two parts water, brew and it's clean!