I know I'm not the only one who loves the fall season.
I also know that I'm not the only one that absolutely loves caramel apples.
I stumbled across this recipe in a cookbook the other day, and have recently seen it floating around pinterest as well.
- 16 individually-wrapped caramels unwrapped
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt caramels with water, make sure you are stirring frequently. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, cream together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla.
- Fold in caramel mixture into the cream cheese mixture.
- Serve with apple slices.