To make this American Flag Pallet Artwork, I brought home a pallet I found on big trash day! Yep, I take my neighbors trash.
American Flag Pallet Artwork
Here’s How I did it:
- Disassemble (does everyone think of Johnny #5 when they write disassemble?) the pallet
- Lightly sand the wood
- Trace a cross onto the pallet wood (I bought this cross at Hobby Lobby which was totally coocoo of me because I have a large cross collection and I should have used one of those crosses and saved $15)
- Paint red, white, and blue all around your traced cross (alternate one white plank one red plank to make it easier)
- Small tubes of crafter’s paint you can buy for a dollar will work perfectly
- DO NOT involve your children (I did with disastrous results) DO this project with your kids! It’s a great opportunity to teach them about patriotism.
- Unless you have beautiful hand-writing, use a stencil and trace on the scripture (or whatever you want it to say) with a pencil
- When you have aligned the words how you want them use a black sharpie and draw over the pencil
- Use a stencil to paint on the stars (I used different sized stars, placed randomly to make it easier)